New heights: WVU Medicine Children's celebrates placement of last steel beam
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
WVU Medicine commemorated the placing of the final steel beam on the new nine-story WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital during a virtual topping out ceremony on June 23.
Click here for a CONNECT photo gallery from the event.
Speakers at the topping out ceremony included:
- Albert L. Wright, Jr., president and CEO, WVU Health System
- Amy Bush-Marone, chief operating officer, WVU Medicine Children's
- Gordon Gee, president, WVU; board chair, WVU Health System
- Allison Anderson, director, Spiritual Care and Education, WVU Hospitals
- Dan Meadows, project executive, Yates Construction
- John Schrott, president and lead architect, IKM
The event's media sponsor was WBOY/Nexstar Media Group. Promotional videos for the event are available here.
"It’s an exciting time for WVU Medicine Children’s," Bush-Marone said. "Our new hospital is going to expand our capacity to care for our most precious and vulnerable population – the children of West Virginia and the surrounding region. The dream is becoming a reality."
Below is a video of the beam being raised into place.