Virtual exercise classes, mindfulness programs now available
Thursday, April 9, 2020
The following virtual exercise classes, and wellbeing and mindfulness programs are available to WVU and WVU Medicine employees:
Online Wellness Programs:
- 26th Annual Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days® is a 15-week walking program running April 20 – July 28. Participation for employees in this program is exclusively online through the Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days® Registration Portal. The registration deadline is Friday, April 17.
Virtual Exercise Classes:
- Wellbeing Solutions is offering health and wellness coaching for healthcare professionals. Click here for more information.
- 20-minute virtual meditation sessions are available three times a week via Webex.
- Mindful Steps is a free six-week series designed to assist in developing and maintaining mindful resilience, mental fitness, and relaxation.
- Check out the Mindful Steps WV Facebook page, which has resources, such as daily Breathing with Nicole and meditations with neuroscientist Julie Brefczynski-Lewis and clinical therapist Laurel Faulkenberry.
- Also please view the Yoga by Nicole videos posted on YouTube for instruction on different yoga practices.
- Headspace offers an app and also online content in mindfulness and meditation practices. Their premium service is now being offered to all healthcare providers for free.
- 10 Percent Happier has free access to the app through its Coronavirus Sanity Guide, which also includes meditations, podcasts, blog posts and talks.
- WVU Extension Service offers tips for families to incorporate physical activity while practicing social distancing.
- WVU Campus Recreation has an online rec and wellness guide.
For more information, please contact The Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.