Community toy drive for WVU Medicine Children's set for Dec. 6-7
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The holidays are the most popular time for the community to donate items for patients at WVU Medicine Children's Hospital. These donations are much needed and appreciated, and help provide joy year-round.
This year, WVU Medicine Children’s is holding a drop-off community toy drive to make the donation process easier, minimize visitors at the hospital, and allow time to sort and quarantine items that will be given to patients and their siblings. Toys will be collected on Sunday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m - 6 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 7, from 10 a.m - 6 p.m. at the Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place.
WVU Medicine Children's requests that all holiday donations for patients be dropped off during this event, which is replacing the usual process of dropping off donations at the hospital.
- This new donation system is to protect the health of WVU Medicine Children's patients.
- Holiday donations will NOT be accepted at the hospital from Dec. 8-Jan. 15. Items may be donated after the holidays, starting Monday, Jan. 18.
- All items must be new. Due to infection control guidelines, food or used items CANNOT be accepted.
- Please leave all donations unwrapped.
- Items should be for newborn to 18 years of age. Don’t forget about babies and teens!
You can also purchase items on our wish list or make donations online:
- Amazon wish list: bit.ly/wvukidswish
- WVUH Friends Gift Shop: wvuhgift.com
- Monetary gifts: secure.give.wvu.edu/2V497
Questions? Call 304-598-4365 or email ChildrensHospital@wvumedicine.org