Class of 2024 - Emily Uihlein
Monday, July 27, 2020
1) Why did you choose WVU?
I knew I needed to be at a university that recognized the importance and benefits of giving back to the community and WVU does that, while also offering an incredible and cutting-edge dental education. Additionally, on my interview day, everyone I encountered was so welcoming and genuine, something that really struck a chord with me. I know I will receive an impeccable, personalized education while also creating a family here at WVU.
2) What is your favorite activity?
Playing the Irish sport of Hurling or any other team sport that gets me outside and moving
3) What is your favorite TV program, movie, and who is your favorite music artist?
Favorite TV program: The Office
Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
Favorite Music Artist: Sam Smith
4) Who has been your greatest influence in your life, other than a family member, and why?
My high school art teacher. She introduced me to the art of sculpting and helped cultivate my talent.
5) If you could be anyone, other than yourself, who would that be and why?
A NASA astronaut so I can experience life in outer space.
6) What are your biggest worries about coming to the WVU dental school this fall?
Living outside of Pittsburgh for the first time on my own.
7) How do you deal with stress?
Working out and creating a detailed schedule
8) If you could change the world, what would you do?
End human greed