WVU Medicine employee and dependent tuition reimbursement application period now open
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
The employee and dependent tuition reimbursement application period for Fall 2019 will begin today (Monday, Aug. 19), and run through Friday, Sept. 13.
The Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program provides reimbursement to eligible employees who take classes at an accredited college or university or who attend WVU campuses in Morgantown, Beckley, or Keyser, or online.
The Dependent Tuition Reimbursement Program provides reimbursement for those employees, with at least five years of service, whose eligible dependents attend any accredited college or university other than WVU Morgantown, Beckley, Keyser, or WVU Online.
More details are below; documents must be uploaded by the end of the application period on Friday, Sept. 13.
To view eligibility requirements for each program, frequently asked questions, and other benefit information, please visit HR1Source at hr.wvumedicine.org and click on the Benefits icon. Click the Tuition Programs link for additional information.
Instructions for Reimbursement Application Process
For Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program
Employees who take classes at a college or university, or who attend WVU Morgantown, Beckley, Keyser, or WVU online should login to UltiPro and complete a "Tuition Reimbursement Life Event" in the "Life Events" section. You must:
- Obtain proof of enrollment for the course/class beginning on or after July 20, 2019 (must include student name, name of the institution, and courses enrolled) and upload documentation into UltiPro (go to Myself > Documents > Employee Documents; select "Add," and choose category "Tuition Reimbursement Prg.").
For Dependent Tuition Reimbursement Program
Employees with eligible dependent children who attend any accredited college or university other than WVU Morgantown, Beckley, Keyser, or WVU Online should login to UltiPro and complete a "Tuition Reimbursement Life Event" in the "Life Events" section. You must:
- Complete applications for all federal and state grants and/or scholarships (not including loans or 529 savings accounts).
- Certify eligible dependent(s). If you have not previously uploaded document(s) to certify your dependent(s), you will need to do so to certify for this program.
- Submit a birth certificate or 2018 federal tax return.
- Obtain the following documents:
- Proof of enrollment for the Fall 2019 semester (must include student name, full-time student status, name of the institution, and courses enrolled).
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Summary. To obtain this summary, visit www.fafsa.gov.
Important: Employees who complete an application will be advised of the status of their application through their WVU Medicine email.
Employees covered under a separate collective bargaining agreement are not eligible for these programs.
If you have any additional questions, please contact HR1Source at 833-599-2100 or submit an HR Service Request online at hr.wvumedicine.org.