Perry G. Fine, MD, Pain Lecture Series
Monday, October 16, 2017
Event Location: Okey Patteson Auditorium, first floor, HSC
The Perry G. Fine, MD, Pain Lecture Series will be held on Monday, Oct. 16, from 4-8 p.m. Registration will begin at 3:30 p.m. with a welcome and opening remarks at 4 p.m.
This year’s lecture, “Toward a Healthier West Virginia – Root Causes and Solutions to Effective Pain Care and Eliminating Non-medical Opioid Use,” will be delivered in an expanded session. This continuing education lecture series will focus on educating medical professionals to distinguish good chronic pain care from substandard practices.
For the tenth anniversary of the series, a collective, community approach has been taken by partnering with key stakeholders at WVU and around the state, as well as bringing in national voices.
- Clay Marsh, MD, Vice President and Executive Dean for Health Sciences, WVU
- Perry G. Fine, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Utah’s Pain Research Center and School of Medicine (he also serves as strategic advisor for Capital Caring in Washington, D.C.)
- John Temple, Professor at the Reed College of Media, WVU, and the author of the award-winning book “American Pain”
- Col. Kevin Galloway (retired), U.S. Defense and Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management
- Patrice A. Harris, MD, Chair, Board of Trustees, American Medical Association