Nutrition Made Simple classes highlight healthy eating
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Join WVU Medicine’s Diabetes Education Center and The Wellness Center to celebrate National Nutrition Month. In March, the Diabetes Education Center will offer the Nutrition Made Simple class series to promote healthy eating. This series, held March 13, 20, and 27 from 4:30-5:30 p.m., includes three classes that focus on basic nutrition to prevent diabetes, meal planning for individuals and families, and making healthy choices at the grocery store.
The cost is three Wellness Points/class for employees; $3/class for spouses.
The classes will meet at John Jones Conference Room C (ground floor, Health Sciences Center).
March 13 - Basic Nutrition to Prevent Diabetes
- Basic nutrition tips to help lower risk for developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes
- Recipes and meal plans
March 20 - Meal Planning Workshop
- Meal planning for busy families and for one or two people
- Presentation of sample recipes
March 27 - Grocery Store Tour
- Identifying foods to choose and avoid at the grocery store
- Learning how to read nutrition fact labels
Employees who attend all Nutrition Made Simple classes will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
To register, please contact The Wellness Center. Space is limited so reserve your spot today.