Blood drives to be held on Jan. 31, Feb. 5 and 15
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Every two seconds, someone needs blood, platelets, or plasma to survive. These patients depend on blood donors to roll up their sleeves and give the gift of life.
Upcoming blood drives include:
- Jan. 31 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the WVU Medicine Operation Support Center, located at 3040 University Ave. The drive is sponsored by J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
- Feb. 5 from noon to 5 p.m. in the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center first floor atrium. The drive is sponsored by the WVU School of Pharmacy.
- Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center first floor atrium. The drive is sponsored by the WVU School of Medicine Division of Occupational Therapy.
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are also welcome. To make an appointment:
- visit vitalant.org, click “Donate,” and search with group code W4310004;
- download the Central Blood Bank Mobile App for your smartphone; or
- call Rachel at 412-736-5506.
To save time at their appointments, donors are asked to complete their health history questionnaires online using DonorPass. The questionnaire must be completed on the same day as the donation. The questionnaire is available at donorpass.centralbloodbank.org.
Donors can also sign up for Central Blood Bank’s Donor Rewards Program to earn points by donating blood. Points can be redeemed for gift cards or donated to one of several not-for-profit agencies.