Human Resources offers tips for employees interested in dependent tuition assistance program for enrollment at WVU
Thursday, April 12, 2018
WVU Medicine Human Resources recently kicked off the dependent tuition assistance program by providing WVU Medicine employees with steps to begin uploading the required documents into UltiPro for their eligible dependents attending WVU in the fall. For employees with dependents attending another college or university, additional information for the tuition reimbursement process will be provided in July.
The WVU student application period will be April 16-27. It is important that employees gather the required documents now (see below) and upload them into UltiPro before the end of the application period. Employees will be able to upload the documents during the application period, however, it is best to upload these documents before the application period opens.
On April 16, Human Resources will post a video with step-by-step instructions for the application process on http://hr.wvumedicine.org.
Please note: Human Resources will update employees on the status of their application through their WVU Medicine email.
Actions to take now
- Complete the application for all federal and state grants and/or scholarships (this does not include loans or 529 savings accounts).
- Certify eligible dependents: Submit a birth certificate or federal tax return. If you have not previously uploaded document(s) to certify your dependent(s), you will need to do so to certify your dependent for this program.
- Obtain the following documents:
- Proof of enrollment for WVU Fall 2018 semester (showing credits) and proof of GPA 3.0 or greater (cumulative GPA) Click here for sample. (Freshmen must provide acceptance letter in lieu of enrollment and proof of GPA.)
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Summary Click here for sample.
- Financial Aid Summary from WVU STAR Account Click here for sample.
- Upload above documents in UltiPro; select the category "Tuition Documents."
- All documents are required to be uploaded no later than Friday, April 27. Click here for instructions on how to view and upload documents
Questions? Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions, contact the HR Service team at 833-599-2100, or submit a service request online at hr.wvumedicine.org using the link on the "Customer Support" page.